Block Text Messages on Samsung Galaxy S6: Ever irritated by some unwanted messages by some real estate builder, loan company, broker agency, or just some unknown number trying to text you? Well, I also have faced the same issue.
It doesn’t only take up your phone space but may also contain some links to phishing websites, phony numbers & malware download links that triggers some fraudulent apps the moment you accidentally or knowingly tap on the link in the SMS. These may hamper the data on your Samsung Galaxy S6. I am pretty sure, no one would want to even take the risk of getting their private data to be leaked or have your Galaxy S6 be infected by some sort of virus.
Though it’s not always about our data being at risk as sometimes it is to avoid talking to our loved one, one should know How to Block Text Messages on Samsung Galaxy S6.
I am glad that getting rid spam is quite easy if you are using Samsung Galaxy s6. Though it’s even easy for other mobile phones to get rid of these spam SMS but for Samsung Galaxy S6 it becomes quite handy with an inbuilt system setting available on it.
Block Text Messages on Samsung Galaxy S6
I have laid down the steps to help you avail this awesome feature present on the Samsung Galaxy S6.
1. First, I would recommend you to turn ON your AIRPLANE MODE so that you are not connected to the internet.
2. Well Done! Now you are fit to go ahead, Now tap on the messages app on your Samsung Galaxy S6, in order to open it.
3. Now tap on the 3 vertical dots on the top-right corner of the screen.
4. You would see SETTINGS in the pop-up window.
5. Tap on SETTINGS, a new window will open that will consist of various setting options.
6. Scroll & Tap on SPAM FILTER, this will open the SPAM management feature of Samsung Galaxy S6.
7. Now tap on the first option, i.e., MANAGE SPAM NUMBERS.
8. A new window will open which will let you add numbers that you wish to block, you may add from existing contact or add other numbers too.
9. To view the spam messages, tap on SPAM FILTER again, a new screen will appear now tap SPAM MESSAGES to view the spam messages.
If in any case, you may not be able to find the SPAM FILTER option you may download a third party app known as “TEXTRA“.
That’s it, you have successfully learned How to Block Text Messages on Samsung Galaxy S6 but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.